Craighead County Judge
The County Judge is the Chief Executive Officer for Craighead County government in Arkansas. The Judge authorizes and approves the disbursement of all appropriated county funds, operates the system of county roads, administers ordinances enacted by the Quorum Court, has custody of county property, accepts grants from federal, state, public and private sources, and hires county employees except those persons employed by other elected officials of the county.
The County Judge, in addition to other powers and duties provided for by the Constitution and by law, shall preside over the Quorum Court without a vote but with the power of veto.
Marvin Day Bio
Marvin has lived in Jonesboro, AR most of his life. He is a fifth-generation resident of Craighead County. As newly-elected Craighead County Judge Marvin was sworn in on January 1, 2019.
- 1988 Graduate of Jonesboro High School
- 1992 Graduate of University of Arkansas with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer with the State of Arkansas
- Worked in the family-owned highway and bridge construction business for over 20 years.
- Worked as a Senior Engineer at City Water and Light in Jonesboro for nearly 8 years.
- MAPC (Metropolitan Area Planning Commission), Past Chairman
- Storm Water Advisory Board for the City of Jonesboro and Arkansas State University
- Master Street Plan Committee, Vice Chairman
Employment Personnel Policy Handbook
Emergency Response Plans
Craighead County District Maps
Flu Shot Form