To provide a comprehensive Emergency Management program which coordinates people and resources to protect the lives, property and the environment within Craighead County by using an all hazards approach of mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery for disaster and emergencies.
Official Website: www.craigheadoem.org
Craighead County Mitigation Plan
(follow link below for the current mitigation plan.)
This plan includes all of the unincorporated areas:
Bay, Black Oak, Bono, Brookland, Caraway, Cash, Egypt, Jonesboro, Lake City, and Monette
12 School Districts:
Bay, Blessed Sacrament, Brookland, Buffalo Island Central, Concordia Christian, East Side Baptist, Jonesboro, Nettleton, Ridgefield, Riverside, Valley View and Westside Consolidated
The goals of this Hazard Mitigation plan are to 1) Reduce the loss of life and decrease property losses in the County due to natural disasters, and 2) Provide a framework and coordination to encourage all levels of government and public and private organizations to undertake mitigation to minimize potential disasters and to employ mitigation in the recovery following disasters.
Specific planning objectives are to:
1) Identify, describe, and characterize the natural hazards to which the County is susceptible,
2) Assess the risk of each hazard including probability and frequency, exposure, and consequences,
3) Examine feasible mitigation opportunities appropriate for the identified hazards and prioritize those opportunities,
4) Implement mitigation actions to reduce loss of lives and property, and
5) Identify mitigation opportunities for long-range planning consideration. This Hazard Mitigation Plan was developed to assess the ongoing natural hazard mitigation activities in the County, to evaluate additional mitigation measures that should be undertaken, and to outline a strategy for implementation of mitigation projects.