Director Office of Emergency Managment
To provide a comprehensive Emergency Management program which coordinates people and resources to protect the lives, property and the environment within Craighead County by using an all hazards approach of mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery for disaster and emergencies.
Official Website: www.craigheadoem.org
- 9-1-1 needs to have a locatable address for every house that could potentially call 9-1-1.
- Even if you receive mail at a P.O. Box or from another location you must still have a 9-1-1 address.
- Each home and business in Craighead County should have an address.
- This office issues all addresses in rural Craighead County.
- When you call 933-4502, tell us you need an address for a new structure.
The mission of the Floodplain Office of Craighead County is to provide flood hazard identification, remediation, regulation, and education to the people in Craighead County so that they can reduce their risks of injury, death, and property damage due to flooding.
Craighead County Mitigation Plan
(follow link below for the current mitigation plan.)
This plan includes all of the unincorporated areas:
Bay, Black Oak, Bono, Brookland, Caraway, Cash, Egypt, Jonesboro, Lake City, and Monette
12 School Districts:
Bay, Blessed Sacrament, Brookland, Buffalo Island Central, Concordia Christian, East Side Baptist, Jonesboro, Nettleton, Ridgefield, Riverside, Valley View and Westside Consolidated
The goals of this Hazard Mitigation plan are to 1) Reduce the loss of life and decrease property losses in the County due to natural disasters, and 2) Provide a framework and coordination to encourage all levels of government and public and private organizations to undertake mitigation to minimize potential disasters and to employ mitigation in the recovery following disasters.
Specific planning objectives are to:
1) Identify, describe, and characterize the natural hazards to which the County is susceptible,
2) Assess the risk of each hazard including probability and frequency, exposure, and consequences,
3) Examine feasible mitigation opportunities appropriate for the identified hazards and prioritize those opportunities,
4) Implement mitigation actions to reduce loss of lives and property, and
5) Identify mitigation opportunities for long-range planning consideration. This Hazard Mitigation Plan was developed to assess the ongoing natural hazard mitigation activities in the County, to evaluate additional mitigation measures that should be undertaken, and to outline a strategy for implementation of mitigation projects.
- .David Moore
- 28 Years in Emergency Management.
- 10 Years as Director Emergency Management.
- 8 Years as Director of Craighead County 911 Office.
- Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager.
- Certified Floodplain Manager.
- Homeland Security Liaison Officer.
- 2008 Arkansas Emergency Manager of the Year.
- Member Arkansas Governor’s Earthquake Advisory Council.
- Past Member Jonesboro Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Area Representative Arkansas Emergency Management Association
- Member of the Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager Commission
- .David Moore
- Lifelong resident of Craighead County