MARRIAGE LICENSE INFORMATION FOR CRAIGHEAD COUNTY
- Both Male and Female applicants must be present when license is issued. The location where the marriage license to be issued is:
County Clerk’s Office
Craighead County Courthouse
511 South Main Street
Jonesboro, Arkansas 72401
- A license is $60.00 (Cash only – No checks are accepted.) No refunds.
LEGAL AGES TO MARRY
- Males and females shall reach the age of 18 years to contract for a marriage license in Arkansas without parental consent.
- Males, age 17; Females, ages 16 or 17; may be married with parental consent.
- Both parents must come in to sign marriage book with applicants when license is issued. If only one parent is able to sign (thru divorce, separation, death, etc.), please call out office for further details.
- Marriages are prohibited for males under 17 and females under 16 unless the female is pregnant, or a child has been born to them. For further information on requirements, call our office at (870) 933-4520.
- Males and females must present proof of age such as a birth certificate, driver’s license,military identification card, etc.
- License must be returned, used or unused, within 60 days for recording or a $100 bond will be executed against all applicants for license.
- The license can be used only in the State of Arkansas. The marriage ceremony can only take place in the State of Arkansas.
- Medical or Blood tests are not required in Arkansas.
- Your social security card is needed or a legal document with your social security number on it.
- License may be used immediately or within the 60 days time limit. There is no waiting period required in Arkansas after a divorce is final.
- There is not a residency required in Arkansas.
- Ministers performing marriages in the State of Arkansas must have their credentials recorded in any county in Arkansas.
- It is your responsibility to make arrangements to marry. The license may be used anywhere in the State of Arkansas, but must be returned to the County Clerk’s Office where you applied for final recording.